Ranked the “best small town in Northern California”, Ukiah offers its 16,000 inhabitants all the pleasures of a small town. While benefiting from the conveniences of quality living, top notch educational institutions and entrepreneurial opportunity, Ukiah’s residents enjoy abundant recreational activities. Whether you are raising a family or retiring into a comfortable lifestyle, Ukiah offers it all.
- A spectrum of fine schools, from pre-schools to Mendocino Community College, public to private
- A truly Californian array of recreation from hiking and swimming to bicycling and water sports.
- The best public golf course in Northern California
- 2.5 mile walking routes from the center of town
- 5 miles to Lake Mendocino
- 60 miles from the Pacific Coast; 110 from San Francisco
Distinctive local institutions, businesses and shops line the downtown streets: Ukiah Chamber of Commerce
- Mendocino Brewing Company, the 6th largest craft brewer in California
- Original and new wineries, many that pre-date the boutique growth in Ca wine
- One of the first Buddhist monasteries built in the US with a school, 2 miles in Talmage, Mendocino County, CA
- The Grace Carpenter Hudson House, the “Sun House”, a museum of the regional Pomo Indian artifacts and local history
- A county seat with excellent job opportunities
- Boutiques, bookshops and walking paths through town
- Farmers Market and a wide spectrum of restaurants
- Wineries of Ukiah: www.mendowine.com