Welcome to Ukiah!
Historic Ukiah offers its 16,000 inhabitants a place to settle that is as easy going as it is convenient. Among its many advantages, Ukiah has a thriving commercial center, top-notch schools, and abundant nearby recreational activities. Whether you are raising a family or retiring into a comfortable lifestyle, Ukiah offers it all.
Distinctive local institutions, businesses and shops line the downtown streets:
- Mendocino Brewing Company, the 6th largest craft brewer in California.
- A dozen or more wineries and tasting rooms, some that pre-date the boutique growth of California’s wine industry. Wineries of Ukiah: www.mendowine.com
- City of 10,000 Buddhas community and monastery (located in nearby by Talmage).
- The Grace Carpenter Hudson House, the “Sun House”, a museum of the regional Pomo Indian artifacts and local history.
- A county seat with excellent job opportunities.
- Boutiques, bookshops and walking paths through town.
- Seasonal farmers’ market and a wide spectrum of restaurants.